Friday, June 1, 2007

Will God Protect Us?


My wife and I have been having a difficult time with my work schedule. I come home after dark and we both worry about the safety of my wife and kids while I am not home. My wife said last night, "I know that God can protect but what if he chooses to allow something bad to happen for some reason?" The next day we were heading out for our daily walk on the bike trail in Townsend. I always head out with the dog first and he bounds down the front steps, the kids followed with Christy locking the door. Coming down the front steps Christy exclaimed, "You guys, there's a snake and your walking right by it!" Sure enough there was a baby rattlesnake right in front of our front-door steps. The dog walked over it, I walked over it, the kids tromped over it and none of us were bit. Talk about God's protection! Rattlesnakes have two types of poison in thier venom, a toxin that eats away human flesh starting the digestive process and a toxin that affects the nervous system affecting breathing. I read on the internet that baby rattlers can actually be more harmful than adults because they have more of the neurotoxin. And here was this snake poised and ready to strike but still God held back its fangs from harming us!

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
my God, my strength, in whom I will trust... Psalm 18:2

2 comments:

jackiannie said...

Oh my goodness! Thank God He does watch over us. While we may be worrying about our family's safety while the man of the house is off at work - there is a deadly snake each one of the family members walk right over. We may rightfully so fear what may happen leaving the wife and children at home while dad is working (especially in this day and age we are living in), but a rattlesnake didn't come to mind. Not to us anyway. But to Our Father Who watches over every detail of our lives! I am so thankful to God that not even one of you were bitten.

Love you & God Bless you, and keep you,
Jacqueline

Gail said...

I know God's promises are the rock for us to stand on, finding that out more everyday. His watching over you encourages my heart to know His loving care is with you all, no matter what. What an awesome testimony. Love, Mom