Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday, Daniel

Daniel's birthday was August 29th but last night he experienced a different kind of birthday. As you have already read, we broke away yesterday for a worship experience in the woods. As we were on the third mile of the four mile hike, Daniel started talking to me. I cannot remember the exact words but he said something along the lines of I cannot have Jesus in my heart because I haven't been baptized. I explained that you didn't have to be baptized first all you have to do is pray and Jesus will live in your heart. He answered okay I'll do that when we get back to the car or we get home. I went on to ask him if he did bad stuff and he said yes as he begins to list his latest offenses. Then he changed the subject. I didn't want to push him so we left it at that. As I was praying with him at bedtime, I prayed first with my usual prayer for his salvation and when I was done He prayed his bedtime prayers which consists of "Dear Heavenly Father, help me to know you." He had barely said amen when he said he needed to kneel down and ask Jesus to come into his heart. I explained he could pray where he was but he insisted he had to kneel down. We kneeled down beside his bed and I led him (more like stammered through) the sinner's prayer. When he got up, he ran out to tell JP and Tera just beaming from ear to ear. JP explained that now Daniel was not only his son but his brother as well. Daniel latched onto that. I went to tuck him in and in the sweetest voice you ever heard-Daniel said "I love you, sister." That was music to this mother's heart. I have had the privilege of leading both my children to the Lord.
Happy Birthday, Daniel!

No comments: