Monday, March 19, 2007

The Deed Is Done

well yesterday was the day. I informed the church that we were leaving the week after Easter. I sort of weaved it in a sermon and was concerned that some more "thoughtful" people might space out and miss it. But, I didn't have to worry. Though the only people who knew we were resigning was the board, who I knew I could count on for discretion, it seemed the information wagon did its job and even first time visitors knew we were leaving before the start of the service. Yes, you can always count on the grape-vine to bring forth its bounty...amen.

I was very nervous at first but when the time came I felt a tremendous peace that remains with me to this moment. I know God is leading even though every intellectual fiber of my brain says, "what are you doing!?!" We still don't have a place to live. I don't doubt we can find something to get us by for a year but, pardon my fanciful spirituality, I really want to see God provide something. Be it ever so small and grungy, something that, without a doubt, came from his hand. The circumstances are different, but like Jonah, we have cast ourselves on the sea of God's grace and provision and we want our big fish to come by! No, it wasn't the best accomodation money could buy but it served the purpose. It kept him safe and sound and got him where he needed to go next. And it was, without a doubt sent from the hand of God!

Employment I don't worry so much about. We have enough savings to get us by while I look and there are ample opportunities. I have a degree and experience in the social work profession. But I am leaning toward some other employment, probably in one of the factories around the area that seem to have many openings. I have a feeling that I am not going to want to exhaust all my relational energy at work. If I do something mechanical (and that will probably bring me more pay than a social work job) then perhaps I won't want so much to get away from people after work like I do now. Plus a second shift job would allow me time to go hiking and stuff like that during the day. Oh well, this one is in God's hands too.

Obviously there are many unanswered questions and an even greater amount of trust in God's guidance and provision in this move. I don't think I'd want it any other way.

No comments: