Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sick as a Dawg but full of hope!

I have been sick as a dawg this last week and a half. I thought I was getting better then overdid it and have had a rough time these last few days. I am coming out of the haze, though feeling better today than I have in a long time. This blog is serving as our journal through our "process". My husband is the excited blogger while I am the more reluctant one. So it is my job to blog at least once a week. He has been reminding me everyday to do it. So just to please him, I am writing today.

For the past week I have struggled with my daily prayer time, needless to say, when you are sick I think that just happens. But the times I have been able to read the Lord has really given me some Scriptures I have taken to heart. I am just going to share some with you. So here goes:

Revelation 3:8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied my name." I have truly identified with the little strength this last week.

Psalm 33:20-22 "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you."

Psalm 34:8-10 "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

Psalm 34: 17-18 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Psalm 36: 5-8 " Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings, They feast on the abundance of your house; you give then drink from your river of delights."

Christy

No comments: