Monday, March 12, 2007

I do.......


Last night, my husband resigned his position as Senior Pastor of a small church in Illinois. Yesterday was our anniversary- 13 years. So many things have gone through our minds. I was reminded of the monumental decision I made 13 years ago when I said “I do”. You see 13 years ago we eloped on our Spring Break at Trevecca. There were very few people who knew about it, our friends were shocked and some eyebrows were raised at our seemingly spontaneous action. But God was working behind the scene arranging things that no one else knew about. His timing proved perfect in more than one situation. Was I scared? You bet- scared to death at 19 to be marrying some ex-druggie become Christian but I loved him and still do. Besides becoming a Christian, he was and has been the best thing that ever happened to me.

Now, to the present- last night we took a monumental step- a leap of faith if you will. We feel God has said- “Do you believe me?” “I do”; “Do you trust me to meet your needs and provide for your family?” “I do”; “Will you follow me though the path looks hard and you cannot see very far ahead?” “I will”. God has been working in our hearts in ways that people cannot even begin to know or understand. Just like 13 years ago, people will be shocked, eyebrows will be raised and some people will just feel they have been wronged. But when God calls, our only answer can be- I WILL!!- WE WILL!!!

1 comment:

jackiannie said...

Hi Christy!

I am excited to hear about your journey! Keep me posted! Love and miss you!

God Bless,
Jacqueline