Tuesday, May 1, 2007

God cares about blue bathmats.

Have you ever got into the thinking that the little things in our lives are unimportant to God?
Sometimes I have fell into this trap especially lately.

Since we have moved I have had to deal with a lot of mixed emotions. I have struggled to find a new time and place for my personal devotions and prayer time but the last few days I think I have found the answer. After JP goes to work and the kids go to bed I have the house to myself for a long time. I have started a Lectio Divina study on the book of James. Every night it seems like God is speaking to me about another issue in my life that needs work. This bible study was written exactly for me. It has been great to get reconnected to God through a daily time of bible study and prayer.

If you are wondering what the title has to do with my ramblings, here goes. For a long time we have said we want our house to be one where the power of God is seen in our lives. We want our kids to see His power move in our everyday life. Lately I have been looking at life pretty negatively but through my times of prayer the last few days, I sense God changing my attitude about everything. The place we are renting has this type of marble flooring in the living room, hall and bathroom. We have had yellow bathmats in the bathroom but they show up dirt so bad that I have had my heart set on getting a blue bathmat. Since JP hasn't been working for one whole week yet, I couldn't justify any thing that I consider a luxury. This morning we had to go out to Wal-mart for some necessities. I prayed "Lord, if you want me to have a blue bathmat, give me one today at a cheap price." We were dropping some things off at the Salvation Army and passed one of those discount houses with all the rugs and mats outside. JP said "Let's stop on our way back" So we did and there outside I had my pick of blue bathmats at the cheap price of $5, which ended up being $3.75 because they were having a sale. I was so excited, I told the cashier about the answer to my prayer. We also found an awesome area rug for the living room. I have never seen our kids more excited. They sat on that carpet all night.

The Lord is teaching me or should I say reminding me, He cares about the little things that matter to us. We need to remember that God is not bored or irritated when we bring Him the little things in life.

God cares about blue bathmats because He cares so much about me.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Christy,
So glad to hear your good news. We were just sharing how much this time we have on earth is training/ classroom time...waiting on God time!( in a lady's Bible study last night). God surely does provide!! He loves us more than we can possibly know. I am excited for you both.
Love, Mom Brundage

jackiannie said...

Hi Christy,

Yes!!! Our God cares about everything! How awesome He is! Today, I am just feeling oh so in love with our Savior! Of course, I love Him every minute. You know what I mean I'm sure. Anyhow, I haven't posted much on my blog, but I was hoping you'd take a look at it. You may, perhaps even post me a comment. LOL!!

I wrote today about "Falling asleep with Jesus." I'm hoping you will share some of your ways that keeps you close to Him!

I learned so much from you and J.P. And with your blog, I am able to continue learning from you!

You guys mean the world to me! Though the miles are many between us, you are always close to my heart!

Love,
Jacqueline

"While it was still dark, He got up, went out, and made His way to a deserted place." Mark 1:35

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love this post too! I really believe that God does care about the small things that feel HUGE to our hearts...including blue bath mats. Thanks for sharing this!